Climbing nearly 12 percent for the month, international traffic continued to push Orlando International Airport (MCO) to new passenger traffic records in June. For the first time ever, passenger volume surpassed 43 million on a rolling 12-month basis at MCO.
“While we enthusiastically welcome our 39th straight month of overall passenger growth and this new record of 43 million, we also face the reality that our terminal facilities are nearing capacity,” says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. “Some relief for our passengers in the areas of parking and curbside congestion should come on-line later this year when we open new facilities to the south.”
June’s 12 percent growth in international traffic was bolstered in part by Air Berlin’s first full month of operations at MCO.
June Statistical Data:
- International traffic climbed 11.99 percent with 469,670 travelers at MCO
- Domestic passenger volume was up 6.64 percent with 3,293,912 total passengers
- Combined travel numbers rose 7.28 percent with 3,763,582 total travelers at Orlando International
Rolling 12-Month Statistical Data:
- International traffic is up 4.45 percent with 5,684,990 passengers
- Domestic passenger traffic has climbed 5.95 percent with 37,435,818 travelers moving through MCO
- And combined, a RECORD 43,120,808 have traveled through Orlando International during the past 12-months
Mid-Year Statistical Data:
- International traffic rose 3.35 percent on a total of 2,848,175 passengers
- Domestic traffic was up 5.91 percent with 19,813,366 travelers at MCO
- Combined overall traffic climbed 5.58 percent to a total of 22,661,541 passengers
Basic MCO information:
With an overall total of more than 43 million annual passengers, MCO is the second busiest airport in Florida and 13th busiest in the U.S. The airport has 18,000 employees and generates $31 billion in direct and indirect revenue for the regional economy. Orlando International Airport strives to value and delight its customers through an airport-wide focus and design concept known as The Orlando Experience®.
Source: Greater Orlando Aviation Authority