In a facility built to accommodate 24 million annual passengers, Orlando International Airport’s (MCO) latest passenger numbers are a constant reminder of why construction is underway in earnest throughout the facility. In July MCO welcomed its’ 41 millionth passenger during the past 12 months, up 10 percent over a year ago levels.
“Building for the future while continuing to operate a world-class terminal facility is a challenge that we are meeting on a daily basis,” says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
“Maintaining excellent customer service is a must as we expand our facilities to accommodate our more than 41 million annual passengers.”
“July was also the busiest month we have ever had for international traffic,” says Frank Kruppenbacher, Chairman of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. “Orlando International welcomed more than 553 thousand international guests, shattering the old record by 50 thousand during a single month.”
July Statistical Data:
- Overall rolling 12-month traffic achieved a new record high with 41,072,223 total passengers, up 10 percent over this time last year.
- Domestic passenger traffic climbed 8.0 percent in July with 3,220,735 passengers
- International traffic recorded its biggest month ever with 553,254 total travelers, up 11.8 percent
- For July overall traffic was up 8.56 percent with 3,773,989 passengers
- Year-to-date traffic is up 9.85 percent with 25,238,121 total passengers at MCO
During the month, seat capacity into Orlando International was up 8.8 percent with 346 thousand additional seats brought into the market. Load factors were slightly above the average at 88.3 percent.
Basic MCO information:
Orlando International Airport (MCO), serves more than 40 million passengers annually, of which over 13 percent are international. MCO is the second busiest airport in Florida and has more than 18,000 badged employees and generates over $31 billion in direct and indirect revenue for the regional economy. In its ongoing efforts to value and delight its customers, MCO has embarked on a series of Capital Improvements valued at over $3.1 billion and has approved designing a new South Terminal project all aimed at enhancing The Orlando Experience®.