All that investment into public spaces and recreational areas paid off for the City Beautiful, as a new study by WalletHub ranks us No. 1 among the 2016 Best Cities for Recreation.
WalletHub recently decided to take a look at which metro areas are doing the best as far as investment in their recreation and public spaces by comparing the 100 largest U.S. cities across 35 key metrics, ranging from park land acreage to the cost of movie tickets.
Orlando ranked No. 1 among WalletHub's 2016 Best Cities for Recreation.
Orlando came in at No. 1, followed by Tampa; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Cincinnati; and Las Vegas.
Here's how Orlando rated in some of the measured categories:
- 24th: Spending on parks per capita
- 55th: Acres of park land per capita
- 10th: Number of bike rental facilities per capita
- 3rd: Number of music venues per capita
- 10th: Number of swimming pools per capita
- 1st: Number of beer gardens per 100,000 residents
- 1st: Number of fishing spots per 100,000 residents
- 1st: Number of boat tours and water sports per 100,000 residents